Kobe University Residential Facilities(Applications have been closed)

The university dormitories were built for current and new international students (including matriculates) of Kobe University. Recruitment is generally announced in January and July, but only on vacancy basis.

Information for new residents from April, 2024

(Application deadline: February 1)

Dormitories Avalable

  • Single Rooms: 
    • International Residence, 
    • Kokui-Ryo, 
    • Sumiyoshi International House,  
    • Sumiyoshi-Ryo, 
    • Jyoshi-Ryo (only for Females), 
    • Hakuo-Ryo (only for males) 
  • Couple Rooms: 
    • International Residence, 
    • International House (Fukae)
  • Family Rooms: 
    • International Residence, 
    • International House (Fukae)

◆Move-in Dates◆

  • International Residence: March 29, 30, 31 
  • Kokui-Ryo, Sumiyoshi International House, Sumiyoshi-Ryo, Jyoshi-Ryo: March 28, 29
  • Hakuo-Ryo, International House (Fukae): March 29


Application Guidelines

Application Form

*Please submit the application to Academic/Student Affairs Section of your Faculty/Graduate School.

More information

Affiliated International Domitories

Application should be submitted directly to the managing company by yourself.

KU ROKKO HOUSE- first-come-first-served basis
How to apply 1: Click "Apply" at the upper right corner of the website.
How to apply 2: Contact the number listed at the bottom of the website. (Calling from outside Japan:+81-(0)6~)
Contact: Please contact the managing company directory using the form below.

Private Dormitories and Residences

The dormitories and residences managed by private organizations for current international students of Kobe University. Applications can be submitted through Kobe University.

Private Housing

Information about renting private housing 

Public Housing

Please contact the offices in charge of the public housing in Kobe City or Hyogo Prefecture
directly to inquire about the availability of accommodation, or with any other inquiries.

Rental Guarantor System at Kobe University

In Japan, a guarantor is usually required when renting private housing. Kobe University does not serve as an institutional guarantor for housing lease agreements. If a guarantor us required for a lease contract, students must use a private guarantor company (as specified by the real estate agencies, etc.)

The existing guarantor contracts under the current Rental Guarantor System at Kobe University will be continued throughout the remaining lease contract period or until graduation, as long as the contract is not changed.

Please refer to this document:  Rental Guarantor System at Kobe University

When moving out

The steps to take when moving out.